Jan 4, 2009

Tips and Resources for Learning Korean

Sorry for looking a bit grungy in this video. I've been sick for the past couple of days. This video was inspired by TkyoSam.

www.youtube.com/user/TkyoSam
^ Check him out




- Part 1: Learning Hangul -

www.aheeyah.com <--- for lyrics

The easiest way I have found to learn hangul (and the way I did it) is romanizing lyrics. What I mean by this is going to a lyrics site and finding lyrics to a song, then copying it to some word processor and using a picture of the hangul alphabet to "Decode" it.

For example if you have...

하루만 니 방에 침대가 되고 싶어
Haruman ni bangeh chimdaega dwego shipeo


www.lifeinkorea.com/language/Graphics/hangul.gif


- Part 2: Entertainment -

Music: MC Mong, Crown J, Clazziquai, So Nyuh Shi Dae, Wondergirls, Epik High, Nell, Younha, 2AM, 2PM, Dong Bang Shin Ki, BoA, Alex, S.E.S., Rain

Dramas: Coffee Prince, Full House, Goong, Beethoven Virus, Stairway to Heaven, My Lovely Samsoon.

Movies: Chingu, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, The Host, Sex is Zero, My Mighty Princess, Please Teach Me English, My Sassy Girl, My Girl and I, Marrying the Mafia

TV: Global Beauties Talk Show, Inkigayo, Star King, Music Bank, X-man, Love Letter, Family Outing


- Part 3: Free Learning Websites -

http://korean.sogang.ac.kr/

http://engdic.daum.net (Korean -> English)

http://alldic.daum.net (English -> Korean)

www.koreanclass101.com

practicalkorean.com

No comments: